Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just when you think...

That things are going your way, life throws you a curveball. My numbers had been tripling and quadrupling so far and then thursday they told me my numbers barely doubled. They didn't sound concerned so I tried to stay positive. Yesterday (Saturday, 3/7) I went for another beta level and got the phone call around 4:45pm from the Dr. covering for my practice telling me that my numbers barely went up. They went from 357 to 385 in 48 hours. That is not good news. I began to sob and through crying the pain i've been having in my left side became worse. Chris and I headed off to the ER for bloodwork and an ultrasound. They cannot say with certainty that this is not an ectopic pregnancy. The ultrasound showed a 2cmX1.3cm cyst on my left ovary that they're eyeing. I'm staying positive and praying harder than i've ever prayed in my life. This baby means so much to Chris and I already that my heart is breaking at the mere possibility of this pregnancy not making it. They drew my level last night in the ER and it was 427 but because it was a different hospital they can't say that it actually went up, but if it was accurate.. that means my level increased more in that 7 hours then it did in the prior 48. I'm hoping this is a fluke thing and the baby was too sleepy to grow a lot over those days. I'm grasping at any straw to make this situation better. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not around to update for a few days. We'll see how tomorrow's blood draw goes.
What puzzles me is my progesterone level was 22 last week. That suggests there is something going on in my uterus, and they say that a level over 20 means a less than 1% chance of ectopic pregnancy so what gives?
To add to this downhill spiral, I still haven't heard back from the job I interviewed for. So please, keep Chris, this baby, and I in your thoughts and prayers. It means the world to us.

0 comments: