Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a DAY!

Friday 2/27. I decided was going to be a pamper me day. I was due to test that morning and in the case of a negative test I knew I'd need some sprucing up. SO! I made a hair and mani/pedi appointment. I woke up that morning and tested.. BFN. no surprise there. I stayed in bed for a while just typing on the computer.. then BAM.. the power went out. So I played solitaire thinking.. WTF.. seriously. Why me.


I got up, and went to the bathroom to throw the test away and as I was going to put it in the trash I thought I might have seen something.. so I took it apart, took pictures, and this is what it looked like..







I thought wow, Beck, you're seriously grasping straws. My friend Jenn encouraged me to call my OB for blood work, even though I felt like a shmoe. I did so, and drove like a bat out of hell to the office almost 40 minutes away to get them drawn. An hour later, they FINALLY took my blood and I was on my way to my hair salon. Earlier that morning a girl on my message board had mentioned she got a BFP on a dollar tree test at 8DPO (I was 9DPO) So I looked up on my GPS where there was a dollar tree and went to snag a test before my hair. I bought that and about 100lbs of candy cause I was so nervous. Off to my hair I went, waiting for my STAT blood results to be in, and I went into the salon bathroom and took the test. I sat down eating my Wendy's Chicken nuggets and almost peed myself. I was CONVINCED there were two lines. I waited and waited for the doctor to call and she finally called and said this....





















HCG/Beta: 16.3





Progesterone: 13










This meant.. I wasn't seeing things. I am PREGNANT! I never imagined it would happen so quickly, but I'm more than thankful it has. Since that time I've peed on about 10 sticks.. just to see the lines get darker:







Today I had my second set of bloods drawn (I need bloods every 2 days because of my high risk status due to the 2 previous ectopic pregnancies) the results were great

HCG/Beta: 59

Progesterone: 17

They like to see the HCG double every 48 hours and mine has exceeded that and progesterone anything above 9 is normal but they like to see it at 20. It's still uber early so depending on Tuesdays blood results I may end up on progesterone suppositories. Whatever helps this bean stick, is fine with me!! Thank you all for reading, and keeping up. I'm going to be more diligent about it now that I have good things to write about (or I at least hope!). Thanks for all your blessings and well wishes! I should also add that we are NOT telling family until we see a heartbeat so please keep it to yourselves ;)

0 comments: